Potty Training Day 1:
- Claire started off the day excited. Her favorite book has been a potty book for quite some time now.
- Claire sat on the toilet and quoted her favorite book, "no more diapers!" Yeah!!!!!!
- Nothing happened on the potty. Bummer.
- Claire picks out Cinderella as her first pair of underwear for the day. She is your typical girl who likes to change throughout the day….even underwear. Rapunzel was next.
- I fix the kids a fancy lunch (read: cereal) and then sit down to nurse Olivia, while I eat my fancy lunch. As soon as Olivia starts to eat, Claire drops her bowl and spills milk everywhere. She is upset. Olivia is eating. Claire has milk all over her. Olivia is eating. Claire's beautiful hair is sticking to the snot coming out of her nose. Olivia is eating.
- Within seconds of the previous incident, Claire announces with a concerned voice that she passed gas (and peed on the floor).
- We rush to the potty and I nurse Olivia on the edge of the tub as my lunch gets soggy.
- Nothing ends up in the potty.
- Claire is losing momentum. She wants her diaper.
- No….if she has to go she will do it on the potty!
- I undress Olivia in preparation for her bath.
- On cue, Olivia pees on me as Claire is pooping on the carpet.
- Wow.
- This is going to be harder than I thought.
- Is it weird that I didn't change my clothes right away?
- Kids are in bed.
- Upstairs neighbor's dog goes out on the porch and pees.
- Where does his pee go? All over our stuff down below.
- He has been doing this for quite some time.
- Finally get up the nerve to meet our noisy (yes, we hear the bedroom noises too) upstairs neighbors.
- Find out the neighbors are moving in the next couple of weeks.
- Day 1 ended perfectly :)
Potty Training Day 2:
- Accident
- Accident
- Accident
- Maybe Claire isn't as ready as I thought.
- Accident
| No success with the potty on day two but we did figure out how to hide from the bad guys! |
Potty Training Day 3:
- Accident
- Accident
- Alright, she is not ready.
- "I gotta go pee"
- Tinkle, tinkle….
- I think I actually teared up.
Claire continued to have success on and off for the next few days. She is still having some accidents, but I think we are on the right path!
Jonathan has a difficult test today. We didn't get to see him much last week and are excited to spend some extra time with him today (after his test is over).
Jacob has started again on daily chores…I am loving it. :)
I survived the week although we all got sick with colds. You know you are a young mom when you are covered in snot, spit up and maybe even some pee and poop - by 8 in the morning. There is a reason why I don't own anything that is "dry clean only". On the bright side, we are all doing better, and I am getting more self discipline when it comes to getting to bed early.
Love you all!
Stacee


3 comments:
:) It has to get easier at some point, right?
No advice from me! Gibson wasn't potty trained until he was 4. Hang in there!
Wow, gotta love the potty training journey. Just thinking about that one this morning wondering if I should start Graham. But I am waiting until the boys are back in school and nursing is a little less often. Good for you for diving in!! I, like Becky, am usually a late potty trainer...Good to keep up on your life!
Post a Comment