Happy 4th of July! We had a wonderful week in Lebanon. Jonathan did not have school on the Fourth of July and, after going to school from about 8 to 3 (to study), we got to spend the rest of the day with him! Yes, he did study for quite some time on a holiday, but this is not new to me. Jonathan has always had a great work ethic. While doing his undergraduate work, we had 3 Valentines days together and he went to study at the library after dinner. I should add that it was a romantic candlelight dinner - Jonathan still made it a special day :). On one of those Valentines days, I was still a student, and we went to study together. Romantic, I know.
For this 4th of July, we enjoyed a barbecue at a park with some friends at a church activity and later enjoyed dinner and backyard fireworks with some friends from the Rogue Valley. The highlight of the day, BY FAR, was when Claire discovered a snake. Jacob went right over and picked up the harmless snake as Claire screamed, "NO JACOB! NO!!!!!!!!" I love how fearless Jacob was and how concerned Claire was.
Jonathan is really enjoying medical school. He just took his first test and is relieved to have a better feel for some of the tests he will be taking while in school.
I am still recovering bit by bit. I want to again thank everyone who was so helpful with the move/new baby. As far as my recovery goes, unfortunately I may not be able to run for some time. I have found that I have some really weakened pelvic muscles, which is often found in runners that have vaginal births. I won't give too many details about how I know this, lets just say I have a misplaced (prolapsed) organ. Running can worsen the problem until I strengthen them. Luckily I have always loved spin class!
Olivia is now a month old! She is smiling and cooing. There haven't been many milestones that I have enjoyed more than having my newborn child become responsive to me. Jacob and Claire are excited to realize that Olivia will be able to do more than eat and sleep.
Tomorrow we will start potty training with Claire. We will see if the princess underwear will be enough to convince her to say her goodbyes to diapers. Enjoy the pictures!
 |
| Jonathan got Jacob a baseball glove for his birthday. He is obviously still learning. |
 |
| I love this. Notice the ball by his right foot. |
 |
| Yeah! |
 |
| Enjoying some backyard fireworks. |
 |
| I found Claire like this one night. She loves the "Cars" books. Notice the shoes. She loves to put her "princess shoes" on. |
 |
| There are multiple times throughout the day that I find Claire "reading" with a pile of books around her. |
 |
| Our beautiful Olivia. |
No comments:
Post a Comment