Time passes quickly with two little ones at home. Like the mission - "the days are like weeks and the weeks are like days". Although I enjoy my days, I still look forward to each night's rest. Then, another week has passed in the blink of an eye.
Claire is 4 1/2 months now. She is as cute as ever. She loves to talk ("coo"), move around on the floor, jump in her jumperoo, and smile. She is becoming less and less afraid of her brother. I even find that Jacob is able to get her to laugh every now and then. Although she still is waking up about 3 times a night, she is such a joy.
Jacob will be 3 on the 27th. Right now we are trying to master potty training. Yes, I say "we" because it involves my full attention (and ability to sterilize the bathroom, wash dirty clothes, etc...). We haven't left the house since Tuesday morning. Yes, we have had some accidents, but Jacob is catching on. Sometimes it takes him a while. I have moved our portable DVD player into the bathroom and "Elmo's Potty Time" entertains while Jacob waits for it.
Jacob still loves Disney's Cars more than ever. His cars come with him to the bathroom, bath, bed, store...and so on. He is also really catching the "Toy Story" bug. We may even take him to the theater to watch the third one.
Jonathan is staying busy with his new calling in the young men's. He absolutely loves it too. I love to watch him in this new position.
I posted some pictures from the Saturday before Mother's Day and a couple of trips to the ocean. For Mother's Day I wanted to spend time in Ashland shopping (by myself), having a picnic with my family, and just hanging out with them at Lithia Park. It was wonderful. Of course, not too far into my shopping, Jonathan called to inform me that Jacob fell into the pond. I cut my shopping trip short to buy Jacob the cute green outfit he is wearing in the pictures. It was still a fun trip.
Claire loves Jacob
Congrats Todd!
Jacob loved the natural ice cream shop in Arcata
He even ran the cash register for a while
Yep, I licked a sea anemone at Ocean World
Isn't she cute?!
Jacob likes to fall in the water
Fun with daddy
This is when Jacob pooped, put his finger in his diaper, and wiped it on the floor...
This is when Jacob decided to clean off the poop from his fingers by himself
More fun at the ocean
Jacob's head kept falling forward. Parents can sure get creative in a time of need (by the way - he could breathe just fine)
Daddy and Jacob


4 comments:
Not to discredit the post, because I am always thankful for an update, but where or where did you get that cute blog background! I am in need of some updating myself!
Loved the poop pictures, and the McGuyver carseat, priceless!!
I love the carseat strap idea. I always worried about the droopy head when my kids were small. You're a genius! Claire is getting so big and she is just gorgeous!
Super cute photos-- what does a sea anemone taste like?
I love the pictures, the kids are so cute. So we are graduating in less than a month and coming back to live in Medford we will have to get together and let the boys play.
Post a Comment