Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Claire Elizabeth Wright

Finally there is an update on our blog! There is big news to report. Claire Elizabeth Wright was born at 12:18 P.M. on January 13th. She weighed 8 lb.s and 1 oz. and was 19 inches long. Labor was much easier than it was with Jacob. With Jacob, I had a good 7 hours of excruciating pain before the epidural (drugs are heaven sent) and then I had to do some major pushing to get him out. With Claire, I went into the hospital at four cm. (and hadn't felt anything) and my water was broken 3 hours later to get things moving. After an hour of killer contractions (yes, only an hour...but a long one, as anyone who has had a baby knows), I received the epidural. After another hour, Claire was so ready to enter the world that I had to breathe through contractions so I wouldn't push, while Doctor Binette ran over to the hospital. As soon as he was there and gave me the go ahead, she came right out. 2 hours and 20 minutes of labor and a couple of easy pushes.....Claire is a good baby. :)
She is now almost a month old and she is still a great baby. Of course she still wakes up every two to three hours to eat, but what do you expect.
Jacob is doing well with it all. He is such a good big brother. He loves to kiss her and share his toys with her.
Jacob has become a nonstop talker and quite the entertainer. He loves to sing, especially the alphabet song. He LOVES letters and numbers. He points them out ALL day long. He also gets really excited about things. On Sunday, I asked him how nursery was. He usually replies by telling us what toys he played with and sometimes the songs he sang. This last Sunday he said, "I saw big boogers on friends!!!". I love the things he says at this age.
Having two kids now is quite the change. It takes a good hour just to go anywhere. I will get Jacob dressed and his diaper changed. Then I change Claire and get her diaper changed. Then I feed her. While feeding her, Jacob will poop in his diaper. While changing him, Claire will have an explosion and I have to change her whole outfit. By the time we are buckled in and ready to go, I only have an hour (including the ten minutes of getting them in and out of the car) to do whatever it is that I need to do before we have to head home so I can feed Claire again. OK, so that is not exactly how it always goes....but it is pretty close.
Well, I know why you are really here - to see some pictures. The blessing dress was made by my Aunt Sue. Isn't it beautiful?! I also included a picture from our trip to the Dominican Republic. We had a wonderful time there back in October. Yes, I was pregnant and hot (not the good looking kind of hot). We booked our plane tickets back in April. It was still enjoyable though. We loved seeing friends and sights from Jonathan's mission. It was also nice to spend a little bit of time in paradise. :) Enjoy!








6 comments:

Marchelle said...

stacee! you and your family are SO darling!! its fun to read about your life. makes me happy! hope all is well with you!

Michelle Petersen said...

What a beutiful family! Claire is darling! My brother also searved in the DR but doesn't have any pictures of places as nice as the one in your photo! :)

Kacie said...

Congratulations Stacee!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Claire is so beautiful and Jacob looks so happy to be a big brother! I'm so glad your labor/delivery went a lot better this time! I loved looking at your pictures! We really need to keep in touch!

Christine said...

those pictures are so beautiful! Who took them? I love that blessing dress too...just gorgeous. Can't wait to see her at church in it. I loved your description of life with 2 b/c that is exatly how i felt when elise was little...you think you're ready to go and then before you know it you have to change diapers, feed, and then have no more time to get out the door! Yes...it does get easier but i feel you're pain. And Jacob is so cute and so descriptive...i love it!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I LOVE the photos! Did you have someone professional come to your house? They're Gorgeous, and the dress is stunning. Is it her blessing dress? Very pretty. An Heirloom. And the pic of Jacob kissing her is priceless. What a pretty baby! I still haven't held her. I'll be planning on it, on Monday. Love you all.

Dulcie said...

Congrats on your darling little girl. We hope to be able to meet her sometime soon. Hope you are all doing well and settling into a routine nicely.