Devil's Punchbowl. A hike I need to document, even though the trip was three months ago. Jonathan took Claire and Jacob on a 2 night backpacking trip. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go due to having a c-section shortly before this trip. I stayed home with the two youngest. Jonathan's sister and brother, Natasha and Caleb, also went on the hike.
The hike is located in the Siskyou wilderness. In case you are wondering about this 12.2 mile round-trip hike that our 7 and 4 year old conquered, here is a quote about the hike from The San Francisco Gate:
"YOU PAY for your pleasure on the trip to Devil's Punchbowl in the Siskiyou Wilderness. One section of trail climbs 1,500 feet in 2 miles. It presents you with nearly 100 switchbacks, and it seems a hike to infinity. Eventually, you will win the reward."
- Tom Stienstra, Chronicle Staff Writer
Here are some pictures from the hike:



































2 comments:
Thank you for sharing, I now fill this overwhelming need to conquer this hike. Jacob and Claire are awesome...way to go guys! Maybe this coming summer we can make this trip together.
Love you all <3
Whoa! Very impressive that Jonathan and the kids could deal with the challenges that must have presented!
Post a Comment