Sunday, July 14, 2013

Jacob's birthday (part one) and more

This year, Jacob got to celebrate his birthday not once, not twice, but four times!  I have probably taken over a thousand pictures this last month, so I am posting them in segments.  Here are some pictures from the first part of June, including Jacob's 1st birthday celebration.

This picture was taken the last week of school during field day.  Kindergarten is hard work that last week of school :).

Working hard at school.





Claire is here with one of her neighbor friends.  We were blessed this last year to have two friends for Claire that lived right next to us.  Luckily, this pictured friend will be around this next year as well.

Claire and I made a carrot cake for Father's Day.  Claire often  runs for a stool or chair when I cook in the kitchen.

Claire was sitting in front of the open sliding glass door and the wind was blowing in her hair.  It was only natural for her to start singing, "Part of Your World" from, "The Little Mermaid".

Jacob wanted a ninja turtle party with some of his Lebanon friends.  Jonathan made a great obstacle course for "ninja training".



The kids decorated masks for "pin the mask on the turtle"







Jacob is a wonderful son.  He is such a good kid.  His is so kind to others and listens to adults.  Not only does he have many "girlfriends" (who all like to make sure they say "bye" to him when I pick him up from school), but he also managed to make friends with a kid in his class that struggles to make friends.  He said, "no one ever picks _____ to have a turn in the math game, so I did".  Jacob also started including him on the playground.  Now, this kid has a few buddies to play with on the playground.  
Jacob loves to run and and is excited about the new running shoes Grandma Jones got him for his birthday. He is now twice as fast as he once was. :)
Jacob is also an incredible brother and helper.  He loves to make his little sisters laugh and they both adore him.  I love to watch him and Claire play together.  They really are each other's best friends.

Happy Birthday Jacob!



















No comments: