Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend and The Strawberry Festival!

First I must say, "Happy Birthday Ericka and Natasha!!!!"  I have two WONDERFUL sister-in-laws that both have birthdays today.  Happy Birthday lovely ladies!

The following 34 or so pictures are from the last two weekends.  Sorry for the overload of pictures - you can blame it on all of the grandparents that live far away :)  I want them to feel like they could be here with us :)


MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 


Go Caleb!  Caleb played well this last weekend in his 5 games.  He scored two goals in one of his games on Sunday (one of which was a bicycle).  Unfortunately, we missed the Sunday games - we were too busy braking lamps....more on that in a later picture.






Happy early birthday Tash!  We sure enjoyed eating ice cream cake with you.


Claire is trying on Natasha's cute new shoes.

Yep, this is what happens when you play tag in the house.   Jonathan should be in this picture, since he is the one that broke it.

Olivia is in a phase where she likes to be shy and bury her head into your shoulder/chest.

Claire is our superstar hugger.  She has always been known for her ability to give really good hugs.



Claire helped Nikita grate the cheese for dinner.  Obviously, we love our cheese.

We stopped by the Dolls house to say hi and Jacob and Claire had some fun on their swing.  

Jacob loves to go up into the tree.  Yep, he is in there.  





RANDOM PICTURES FROM THE WEEK

Jacob's crazy hair for crazy hair day at school.

We love our green smoothies around here.  

Thanks to Jonathan's former job, we have enjoyed many free smoothies from various coffee shops (punch cards fill up pretty quick as a pharmaceutical rep).  We have saved the kids smoothie cups and straws from Dutch Bros. You can drink smoothies through the long bendy straw, as shown, and nothing spills out!


Oh, and by the way, I have a cyst on my neck that developed an abscess that was filled with lots of infectious pus.  I began my Memorial Day weekend in the doctor's office getting in sliced opened so it can drain.  I am having minor surgery to get it removed later this month.   


THE STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL

Just after the local Strawberry Festival 5K with my new running buddy, Jessica, and her husband, Tyler (who happens to be one of my husband's study buddies).  Not sure why I have my headphones still in.  Jacob did the mile run with Jonathan pushing the girls in the stroller.    The three of us pictured (not including Jacob) have signed up for a 1/2 marathon in October.  Not sure what I was thinking :).  Jessica and I set up our training schedule yesterday, and start training tomorrow!




Just enjoying the parade.  Not sure why Jonathan is smiling, since he is not a big fan of the parade.    Here is Jonathan asking if the kids want to watch the parade:  "Hey guys!  Want to stand in the hot sun while we watch people walk on the road?"  Where is your community spirit?


The kids are now convinced that parades our awesome, thanks to the candy throwers.



Have a good day!

4 comments:

Brandan and Becky said...

We watched a lot of soccer during the Rogue Memorial Cup. If we had known Caleb was playing, we would have gone to his games, too! Good luck training for your 1/2! The training is work, but race day is the reward!

Stacee said...

We woud have loved to see you guys! I should let you know that we didn't attend church in Central Point because the only vacation rental we could find last minute was a place about 15 min outside of Ashland. We all voted for church in Ashland to spare us the drive. :)

Aaron and Emily said...

Just today Samuel was asking when we would go to Jacob's house again... I don't think he realized you guys had moved away!

Marchelle said...

your kids are so stinkin' adorable, i can hardly stand it! i love checking your blog every now and then! :)