Monday, March 11, 2013

Loving the warmer (and drier) weather!

  Here we are in a typical week in medical school (sorry there are no shots of me in my yoga pants that I wear nearly every. single. day. ).  Believe it or not, I actually do see my husband every now and then.  In fact, he is sitting next to me as I put together this post and just mentioned the word, "stool discoloration".  

What does a typical week look like?  Here we go:
   
Sunday:  Attend church and spend the rest of the day together.  This typically includes all 5 of us wrestling on the bed.  Me sneaking out and getting a nap in on the couch.  Scripture study.  Since Jacob can read, he now has his own set of scriptures that he can make notes in and mark.  Pop popcorn.  Play games.  Make some cookies.  
 
Monday through Friday:  Not so sure I want to get out of bed.  Sometimes I go workout before Jonathan leaves, sometimes I make him come home for lunch so I can go workout because I couldn't get myself out of bed early enough.  Jonathan usually (unless he needs that extra half hour of sleep) gets Jacob up and ready to go.  I get Jacob's lunch ready and make sure Jonathan didn't forget anything :) .  Did Jacob use the bathroom, brush his teeth?  Did Jonathan remember his lunch?  Jacob and Jonathan leave to walk to school together around 7:45 am.  The girls and I fill our days with chores, errands, and some fun.  I take the girls with me to volunteer at Jacob's school twice a week. Jacob gets done with school at 2:30 pm (every Wednesday is a short day and he gets done at 12:30 pm). Yes, the days can be long and tiring, but I do get to have a lot of fun with my kids too.  This week was ultra fun because we got to go outside and blow bubbles, fly kites, play tag, ride bikes, and play at the playground.  It definitely rains a lot here in Lebanon!!!  Jonathan comes home for dinner around 6 pm.  Sometimes he is home for a quick bite, but usually he is home for about an hour and then goes back to school.  Our evenings are dependent on what course he is currently taking.  The blood and lymph course meant that Jonathan was actually here to help me get the kids ready for bed; but now neuro has begun....  On Monday nights we have family home evening (unless Tuesday is a test day, then Tuesday night is family home evening).  Friday night is a night where we can just relax and hang out.  Monday through Thursday:  as soon as my kids are in bed I melt into the couch and do mindless things until I finally decide to go to bed.

Saturday:  Jonathan uses this day to do A LOT  of studying and reviewing.  Did I mention he studies a lot?!  The hard work is paying off though.  Saturday night's schedule depends on what is coming up on Monday.  Because he doesn't study on Sunday, he can often be found at the school late Saturday night.  


Here are some pictures from the last 2 weeks:


Just another dull evening in the Wright home...

Until......

We didn't even plan the Merida dress.  Claire often sees herself as "Merida" from the movie "Brave".    Merida just happens to be an all-star with the bow and arrow.  Claire's dream came true this night.  Now she just needs a horse...

It really works!


Classic Olivia move that had to be caught on camera.  We constantly find her in this position.  This is how an Olympian hurdler is born.  You can never start too early.  No - she is not crawling yet. :)  


What is it about kites that makes them so exciting.  It is even more exciting to watch your kids get excited about them.    Yes, same dress.  Different day.    

Just enjoying some raspberries...and stepping on them too.

Olivia loves to make an "o" with her mouth. 

We typically see the "o" mouth when she is concerned and/or when someone takes something away from her (yes, I gave her something and then purposely took it away to get this picture).

Warmer and drier weather means much more time outdoors!



Jacob has mastered a skill that all young children must master.  Jumping off of a swing.

This girl is like this 99% of the time.  


I can't get enough of this girl!
P.S.  The tooth-fairy will be visiting the Wright house for the first time this week!  We don't know when, but Jacob has a pretty loose tooth!


1 comment:

The Good Life said...

What a darling family, Stacee :D Haha, I especially love little Olivia's hurdling pose...I did hurdles in high school, and I definitely think she's got what it takes! haha, too cute!