Sunday, February 10, 2013

Children Do Make Life More Interesting

Here are some updates from the past month:
The kids and I went to Medford and met up with my mom and Turner for a three day weekend.  These first pictures show Claire with her Ariel balloon that the balloon man made at Red Robin.



While waiting for our table at Red Robin, Jacob played a racing game.  Claire is really zoned into the video game, as evidenced by the fish face.

Yep! You guessed it!  It is a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Our waitress got a great shot of the WHOLE family.  Notice Claire's arm on the left.

It certainly is fun to surprise a 3 year old with an ice cream Sunday and a birthday song sung by a bunch of strangers. 

I believe we started a tradition last year for Claire's birthday.  This year, we sent 3 floating lanterns in the air for Claire's 3rd  birthday.  There is always one that doesn't quite float straight up and gives me a small heart attack as it floats for the trees.  
My cousin Kellie joined us again.  This year we were joined by Kellie's boyfriend, Michael.

"And at last I see the light..."

I love the way our kids look when they just wake up!  Bed head is so cute!



We are entering a whole new world of childhood with Jacob.  First, he is starting to learn that some things are "cool".  Last Friday, he decided that he wants a mohawk like his friend Michael.  He also has a few girl admirers in his class at school.  One girl, in particular, thinks Jacob is "gorgeous".   I am not sure I am ready for this.

At our apartment office, they had supplies to make Valentine's cards.  We brought some friends.  Jacob is here with one of his best friends, Brody.  Brody lives just a couple of apartments down from ours, his mom is a medical student, and he is in Jacob's kindergarten class.  They were meant to be friends :).  

No, this is not at our apartment.  It is in the office.  Our apartment could only dream of being this spacious.  Claire is here with one of her best friends, Chiara.  Chiara's dad is also a medical student and they live only 2 apartments down from ours.  On this particular day, Chiara snuck out of her apartment and came over to ours while I was in the shower.  Her mom found her at our apartment playing.  For some reason, my own children did not intend on telling me of their visitor while I was in the shower.  It was Chiara's mom that told me the story.



Let me tell you - this is the best picture I could get.  

Claire got some puzzles from my mom while we were in Medford.  Claire puts them together a few times each day.  

Thanks Grandma Jones for the cool princess puzzles!

1 comment:

Brandan and Becky said...

Your kids are cute all day long! Olivia is getting so big. Great photos.