Friday, October 15, 2010

P is for Preschool!


Jacob's pumpkin of choice from his pumpkin patch field trip.


Jacob shows off some of his prized art work at school.


Jonathan and I at "Henry IV, Part I" in the Elizabethan Theatre in Ashland. (Yes, it rained on us, but it was still fun).


Todd, Claire, Jonathan, Me, Jacob, my mom, Grandma Louie, and Turner inside the butterfly exhibit at Turtle Bay in Redding.


Jacob riding a horse near Trinity Lake.


Jacob and Claire are as cute as ever (although I am not too sure about Jacob's pose).


Our train ride by Trinity Lake. The train and tracks were built by some friends of my mom and Turner's.


Jacob thoroughly enjoyed the train ride.


One of Jacob's favorite activities is going to the park.


Claire is just starting to really enjoy the park as well.


I am starting to realize (again) that Jacob is growing up too fast. When Jacob was a baby, he was growing up too fast as well. Then, he hit about age 2 and I was OK with the rate of growth. It is not that I was rushing it; it is just that cleaning up overflowing toilets and whole boxes of cereal that have been dumped on the floor is not super fun....even when Jacob said the cutest things at that age. Now, he is growing up too fast again.
Jacob started preschool this fall. Not only that, but he is at a fun age where he says the greatest things. I love to sit at the table and each lunch with him when he gets home from school (which is only 3 days a week, for 3 hours each). Yesterday, I said, "Jacob, how was school today?" He answered with, "Miss Dolores says, 'Jacob, stop picking your nose!'" (I hope that picking his nose is a normal stage that he will outgrow...soon. It is a constant battle around here).
We can have a real conversations at this age. We talk about letters learned, songs sung, and friends played with. He loves to say, "actually"; and "this is de-licious!" while eating. I love that he will just come up to me and give me a hug and tell me that he loves me. And he is starting to finally realize how ridiculous it is to scream and throw a tantrum. He is starting to grow up too fast all over again. Side note: As I was typing this, Jacob got into my makeup and got bronzer all over himself.
Claire is also growing up too fast. She is super cute, easy, and fun. I love it when people come up to me and tell me they got her to smile at them. I usually don't tell them that she smiles at everyone. She is crawling, has teeth now, and she acts like she can talk to you (you know...real English language words). Even when she wakes up at 6:30 AM, she is so excited to see Jonathan and I that I can't help but sincerely smile back at her. I also love taking Claire with me to the store. I am enjoying it while it lasts. I love that I meet a dozen strangers at the grocery store when I take Claire with me. Jonathan and I feel incredibly blessed to be able to have each other and our two beautiful children.



1 comment:

Melody said...

Do you know or remember if Grandma Louie has or had a pomegranate tree in her backyard? For some reason I have this memory of eating pomegranates in her backyard (I think I've only been there the one time) with Jamie when I was like 10. Maybe she just bought the pomegranates, but for some reason I thought she picked them off her tree. I don't know. Very random.