
Our First Home! (well...after February 12th)
It has been said that when you get married you are "settling down". I beg to differ. Jonathan and I have been married for almost 3 years and have had 6 different mailing addresses. Medford, Rexburg, Florida, Rexburg, Medford, Medford.....I wouldn't exactly call that "settling down". Well, I think we are finally "settling down". Monday morning we found out that the offer we made on a house was accepted. We should close about 30 days from now (February 12th to be exact). We will be in Central Point (Medford area) and will let you know our new address when everything is finalized.
It all feels a little surreal. I feel like I am in that 1976 "Freaky Friday" movie and I am Jodie Foster in Barbara Harris' body. And I love it. What teenager wouldn't want to own their own home? Also, didn't our parents seem like they were always old responsible adults? I am a parent, and I don't feel old. And since when did 40 years old start to seem so young? Nevertheless, being a grownup definately has its advantages. Like Jerry Seinfeld says, "I can have a cookie whenever I want a cookie....and if I ruin my appetite, who cares? There will be more appetites...."
Aaaahhhh, the joys of being an adult.
Here are some new pictures to enjoy:
Jacob's First Sledding Adventure
Jacob only liked the little hills, and I mean little
Silverware is finally more than a slingshot!


6 comments:
Congrats on the house!! That is such exciting news, we are so happy for you, as well as a little jealous :). I can't believe how grown up Jacob looks, he is growing into quite the handsome little man. We sure miss you guys and hope to see you soon.
congrats!! i know that moving and moving feeling but i'm not sure if i'm grown up enough to buy a house. lol
CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a home owner! I totally agree that it is such a relief to finally buy a house. We bought our 1st home about 6 months ago. I LOVE being able to do permanent things without being afraid of a landlord. I also LOVE knowing that when I unpack a box, it can stay unpacked. We moved about 7 times in 6 years (but 2 of our apartments were 1 1/2 yrs or longer).
Congrats, congrats, congrats...I CANNOT wait for home ownership - hopefully we'll join you soon!
Jacob is so cute! Hope you guys had a good Christmas & New Year! Good luck getting everything ready for the 'big' move!!!
Congratulations! It looks like a really cute house. I'm sure you'll have a blast putting it together and Jacob will have so much fun with a yard.
Wait a second....are you sure that's not in our ward? I'd swear (if I was a swearing sort of person) that house was right around the corner from me! But it could really be anywhere - every fifth house in CP looks the same...
Congratulations, I guess. I'm happy for you but sad for us. I hope you still call on us to babysit, though (I'll even challenge your in-laws to an arm-wrestling match for the privilege!)
Post a Comment