Saturday, May 31, 2008

June 1st, 2008

These last two months have been full of excitement and relief! On April 11th Jonathan finally finished his Bachelor's degree in Biology and we left for Medford, Oregon. We have been appreciatively staying with Jonathan's parents while we accomplish getting settled. About 2 weeks ago, and after many phone calls, e-mails, two interviews in Portland, and one in Seattle (the company paid); he received an official offer from Forest Pharmaceuticals. He flew out for Long Island, NY this morning and will be gone for 4 weeks for training. I will stay in Weaverville for most of that time. It is such a long time, but necessary for his job and he won't have to do this again. I feel like we are officially adults now. All on our own and saving for a house, retirement, and finally making REAL money! It will be nice to stray from our gypsy ways (we have had 5 different addresses since we have been married). I do have to admit though, it was fun to travel and live in new places. We have felt so blessed throughout this whole process. Jonathan knew 3 well-liked employees from Forest that really made this whole thing possible. And gratefully, Jonathan's family took us in.

Jonathan's side of the family has been busy with his brother, Jordan, coming home from Brazil and with his sister, Natasha, leaving on her mission to Uruguay. It was fun helping Natasha prepare with the necessary items she will need to take. It really helped me to think more often of my mission in Texas. What a blessing it is in my life that I was able to serve a mission. Sometimes I miss being able to devote everything to the Lord's work. Gratefully, being a mother does the same sort of thing. Raising good and righteous children is such an honor and great responsibility.

Jacob is growing and developing more every day. I have attached 3 videos to help display this. In one video he is shown dancing. Sorry it is dark, but we were watching a movie when a song came on and he started dancing! In the next video he is shown putting his rings on the stand. We are so proud! And finally, he has learned to do mimicking quite well as you can see. He is playing with his Aunt Nikita. Needless to say we are very proud parents who love our son more and more each day.

I really want to say thank you to all those that helped us get through school and find a job(mostly our parents). It has been pretty scary at times to have such unknown paths in front of us. I can really say that Heavenly Father really does hear and answer our prayers....and sometimes in ways in which we would least expect. We never thought we would settle in Medford! So much has fell into place (not just by our doing) and we feel truly humbled that all has worked out so well. I am also grateful for such a dedicated and hard-working husband who has made much of this possible for our little family.

Happy June and enjoy the videos!

Here is our new (and final - at least for now :) ) information:

1581 Hondeleau Lane #C Jonathan: (541) 951-4991
Medford, OR 97504 Stacee: (541) 292-1038










No comments: