It is cold today!!!! This morning, when Jonathan went to school, it was -17 degrees F and it felt like -34 degrees F with the windchill. It is definately one of those days when you just want to bundle up and stay in your warm home.
Our little family went to California and Oregon for a little over 3 weeks (for the Christmas break). It was so nice to be home and be with family. The drive was long, but worth it...even with the accident. On the way home we hit a lot of snow and ice. Up near Diamond Lake, Oregon, the snow was so deep that we had to plow the snow with our bumper. After hours of that (including the many times we were stopped on the trip to wait for semi-truck accidents to be cleared), we headed out on icy roads. Out in Riley, Oregon (population is probably 10), we were going 45 mph when out of nowhere our car started to slide. We slid one way and then the next way. There were steep ditches on both sides of the road. As we saw that we were heading for one of them Jonathan told us to hang on. I was in the back with Jacob and covered him as much as I could. We slid 25 feet off of the road. We were so blessed for many reasons. We were all OK, no other cars were on the road, and our car is still running with just a couple minor dents and items to replace. It took a few hours to get us back on the road again and it was a very slow drive the rest of the way. Rexburg never looked so good.
Jacob's first Christmas was wonderful. As expected, the wrapping paper was his favorite part. Speaking of Jacob, he has been doing very well. With all of the different people holding him, kissing him, and putting thier body parts in his mouth (yes, I know many of you that saw him did this exact thing, and we squirmed every time), anyway, Jacob got sick. He was sick for a large portion of the break and about a week after. We took him to the doctor's the morning after arriving in Rexburg and found that he had a pretty common ear infection. He really loved the bubble gum flavored antibiotics.
Since we have been home I have had to leave Jacob on his own while I get things accomplished and he has really taken to it. He rolls and scoots all over the place (no crawling though). It is so fun to watch him grow.
Jonathan and I have stayed pretty busy with coordinating the temple volunteers and volunteering. Yesterday we had the opportuinity to be temple ushers. Who wouldn't want to spend a couple hours inside that beautiful temple!
It was good to see many of you over the break and Happy New Year to you all!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
January 22nd, 2008
On the Northern CA Coast
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Sounds like you had a good holiday despite car accidents and a sick baby. We had sick kids too, even a hospital stay & cancled vacation - NO FUN! But we also had an enjoyable time desite all that!
My brother and sister have both been to the open house and rave about the Temple - I've seen pictures...it's SO beautiful! My brother is dating a girl pretty seriously and we're all secretly hoping that they choose the Rexburg Temple! It would be really great to see you if the timing was right. Could be a little tricky for us this year since we're going to be having our third (and most likely last) baby this July!!! We're very excited and I'm trying really hard to enjoy everything about it - it's become easier now that the first trimester is over the the nausea has let up...I think it's another girl...there are so many similarities to my pregnancy with Kali that weren't there with Corey.
I love to see pictures of your little guy - he is such a doll. What a fun age too - starting to move around and getting more vocal! It was also good to see a picture of your brother. I hope things are going well for your family!
You can catch up with us on my blog...I'm really trying to do better about keeping up with it this year! :)
Thanks for the new pics & details of your trip home for Christmas. So sorry to have missed your last phone call. Our phones & comp were out for days because of the weather. I cherish the time we did spend together. Thank you for the framed pics. They are always in view. Love to All, Grma Lui
I love the pictures! I am sorry to hear about the accident. It is so scary expecially when you have the little one in the car. When Porter and I were in our accident I just prayed that if anything happened to anyone it had to be me:) I couldn't imagine anything happening to my precious little one. I am soo glad you are alright. Love Ya Stacee!
Beth
Stacee, Jonathan, and Jacob,
I hadn't heard the details of your trip home. I'm so glad that you are all safe!
It sure was nice to see you and spend time with you the day after Christmas. Jacob is cute in pictures, but he is so much cuter in person! And to hold - how nice! Stacee, you look great! Too bad we didn't have Mattix when we saw you. Grandchildren are so much fun!
I was able to help for a few hours at the Sacramento Temple open house and then got a tour of the temple. What a wonderful experience!
Take care of each other.
Love, Aunt Tina
Jacob is so cute! I'm so glad we get to see pictures of him since we never got to see him in Florida. Hope you are well in Rexburg. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment